Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Things I'm thankful for

In the spirit of Thanksgiving, which often gets the shaft, being so close to Christmas (I feel your pain, Thanksgiving. My birthday's right around Christmas, too), I'm going to devote this blog post to things that I'm thankful for. But, rather than list the same old boring stuff (friends, family, health, blah blah blah), I'm going to concentrate on the little things I'm thankful for. After all, shouldn't we be thankful for the little things, too?

So, here we go...in no particular order (other than the order of my stream of consciousness):

1. "The Office" TV show. It provides me with a little laugh-out-loud time every week. And I have a crush on Jim Halpert.

2. Maui Onion potato chips from Target. I could (and have) eat a whole bag in one sitting. The perfect combination of salty and sweet...they're my one MAJOR food vice.

3. Skim Mint Conditions from Caribou Coffee. Oh, how I miss you!

4. My car -- aka The Old Man, aka The Beast, aka The Green Monster. I know I whine about it, but it gets me where I need to go, and I can take on Texas traffic with it. It rocks.

5. www.woot.com. Provides me with a daily dose of clever writing...essential in my job.

6. Purses, sunglasses, & jewlery from Chinatown. Without them, I'd never be able to pretend like I fit in here. Plus, they're so PRETTY!

7. The Dallas Parkway. Gets me to work and back, and for $0! Yippee!

8. No Income Tax in the state of Texas. I actually get to KEEP the money I earn! What a concept!

9. Burt's Bees lip balm. Makes my lips feel goooood.

10. My step-cat. Even though she hates me, she's still entertaining as hell.

11. My personal trainer. Without him, I may never go to the gym!!

12. Mama's cookies. They're happiness on a plate.

13. Facebook. Yes, I'm addicted. And I don't care.

14. NY bagels. Oh, how I miss them!

15. Pandora Radio. Now I can listen to songs I like online for FREE!

16. Chips & salsa. I could eat meals of it.

17. Protien cookies from apex. I never thought I'd actually like something that was good for me!

18. Shoes. Well, I'll always be thankful for shoes. That'll never change.

19. Holidays with my family. Can't get enough of 'em.

20. Christmas decorations. I'd keep them up year-round if there wasn't a major stigma attached to it.

See, I couldn't even make it through a Thanksgiving list without mentioning Christmas. It's everywhere!!

Happy Thanksgiving!!

1 comment:

Tom said...

Jim Halpert is awesome. I just ordered a sweet Jim Halpert shirt from www.PantherTees.com. They have tons of stuff from The Office. They said not to tell anyone, but here is a 10% discount code, pts10 (it is case sensitive, so copy and paste it). Enjoy!