Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Shallow to the end...

In my feeble attempt to think of something to blog about today, I started thinking of my favorite TV shows, hoping it would provide some good blog fodder. As I was listing the shows, USA Network's "The Starter Wife" popped in there. I have to admit, I'm becmoing slightly addicted to the show. I've even gone so far as to check out the website (a true sign that I'm a wee bit obsessed). It's a good show, cleverly written...but I think the thing I like the most about it is the "glamorous" Hollywood lifestyle. I have to admit, I drool over the fashion on the show. My cheap Chinatown knock-offs of Chanel and Prada are no match for the real thing...and I guess, somewhere waaayyyyy down deep, my altruism fails me, and I dream of nothing but fancy cars and shoes and "lunching" with other trophy wives. In fact, when I saw the movie "The Devil Wears Prada," a film built entirely around the sham that is the fashion industry, whose message is that "money cannot buy happiness"...I was enamored by the fashions. Those shoes! The dresses! The labels!! Gimmegimmegimme!! I think I may have lost sight of the moral of the story...

So what is the moral of THIS story? For as much as I wax poetic about changing the world, there's still a sizeable part of me that wants nothing more than a pair of Christian Louboutin heels and a Gucci dress. Guess I'm no better than the rest...and speaking of Guess, I saw the CUTEST shoes the other day...

No comments: